Happy Sunday everyone! We got a food update for you today.
Mom went out and bought a whole bunch of cans of food for us to try. Here’s how each one we’ve tried so far went over:
- Natural Choice Turkey Recipe Soft Loaf – Candy and I liked that one. So far, EK hasn’t eaten any of the canned foods at all!
- Merrick Cowboy Cookout – This one we sort of ate. It’s a combination of chunks and very wet pâté. We ate the pâté but not the chunks. A definite no.
- Natural Balance Chicken & Liver Pâté – Candy & I polished it off.
- Blue Wilderness Chicken – Despite the fact that it’s a pâté and not chunks, we didn’t even taste it! Another definite no.
- Wellness Turkey Formula – Another yes from Candy and me.
If this trend keeps up, there will be lots of nommy choices for canned food for Candy and me, but mom will have to keep buying kibbles for EK. We still have six more to try. We’ll keep you updated on the results.
Some techie pals of mom’s turned her on to a new free storage place. It’s called Copy. It’s like Drop Box, but it gives you a lot more free storage to start with – 15GB. And like all the other sites, you can buy more storage. There’s a way to get more free storage – get other people to sign up! Anyone signing up using Mom’s referral link will get 5GB extra of free storage and Mom will get 5GB too! If you do decide to sign up after checking them out, please come back here and start with Mom’s link so we get more free storage. Shameless, aren’t I?
That’s it for today. Have a great week everyone!
Happy Tuesday everyone! I know I normally only post on Sunday, but I was hoping that maybe some of you going to BlogPaws might be able to talk to some of the vendors for me.
Today, we have a challenge for cat food makers. Mom would really like to switch us from dry food to wet, but she doesn’t seem to be able to find a food for us. She wants to make the switch because we live in a very dry climate and she’s not sure if we’re drinking enough. Also, our coats are very dry and we have a lot of dandruff. She’s hoping a food switch will solve those problems. She’s tried supplements, like the gravies and oils you can buy for our coats, but we won’t eat them.
Here are the criteria:
- Has to be paté. We won’t eat chunks.
- We have to like it. That’s been a real problem. Mom’s tried over a dozen brands and we won’t eat more than a lick or two at time of any of them.
- Has to be grain free. Soy and corn free too would be better. Candy gets the runs otherwise.
- Can’t have salmon or salmon oil in it. That’s the really tricky part. A lot of cat foods say fish oil or fish meal or fish whatever, but don’t say what kind of fish. I throw up whenever I eat salmon anything. So unless there’s absolutely no fish in it, or the type of fish is specified, we won’t even try it. And actually, we prefer duck and chicken anyway. Fish isn’t very popular with us (except the water from the tuna can).
- Can’t cost a fortune. Our Blue Wilderness kibble costs about $1/day to feed us. We can’t go more than about $2/day for food or mom can’t afford it. If we go wet only, I’m thinking we need two 5 or 6 oz cans a day to feed the three of us. Can anyone verify that?
So that’s the list. Any manufacturer that can match items 1, 3, 4, and 5 that want to send us a sample to try, please contact me at: pumpkinpuddy at pumpkinpuddy dot com and I’ll send you my address. And if any picky pals out there have suggestions, please leave it in a comment. Maybe you know of a solution to our coat problem that won’t involve a food change. Or you’re a picky eater like we are and you have a favorite canned food. We’ll take all the help we can get!
Happy Sunday Everyone! Pumpkin, Candy, & EK here. Today we want to wish our mom (and all the other caretakers out there) a Happy Mother’s Day! You all are pawsome and we’re glad we have you. We don’t think we’d want to live outside with the coyotes.
This is our mom (with our baboon, Barnabus). She spoils us, buys us good noms and treats, lots of toys, and makes sure we get to the v-e-t every year. We have a cat highway over the cabinets in the kitchen, lots of sleeping and perching places, and anything else a kitty could want! We did say we’re spoiled, didn’t we? And best of all, we get lots and lots of cuddles, skritches, and hugs. We think we did ok in the mom department.
So Happy Mother’s Day Mom! We can’t go shopping for presents, but we’re master snuggles. So for Mother’s Day we’re all gonna pile in your lap and cuddle you to pieces!
That’s it for today everyone. Have a great week!