I’m so excited I just can’t believe it. I got this message from the folks at Hill’s:
“We can give 15, 7lb bags of food to your readers. Here’s the info we’d like to share with them as well. Thanks!”
That’s right my furriends. 15 winners! Can you believe it! I can’t believe they picked my little blog for this. I’m very honored.
Hill’s is doing this for a furry impawtant reason. We kitties are prone to hairballs, and we all know how dangerous they can be. A stuck hairball can make a kitty very very sick. I’ll let the Hill’s folks tell you the rest.
“Hairballs are serious, but Hill’s has found a fun way to build awareness of the problem of hairballs…Join Hill’s in the battle against hairballs!
Just as Hill’s created the innovation of hairball control cat food (http://www.hillspet.com/cat-care/hairballs-trouble-with-fur-adt.html ), the company is now leading the field with a branded consumer game on Facebook….Hairball Battle. Strategically, this game is an exciting and innovative opportunity to interact with consumers in a new way to build upon hairball awareness.
Playing the game is simple. Choose one of our hilarious hairballs and cough them up on your friends! But watch out, they’ll be able to retaliate! Silly, sloppy and a bit disgusting—it’s the most fun friends of felines can have without leaving Facebook!
Please support our game by clicking the Battle link below. Then fight to the yucky finish as we generate awareness of our hairball control products in a unique way. Watch your step!
Here’s how to enter for giveaway – leave a comment telling me you’d like to enter. I know from last time that lots of pals will leave comments that don’t want to be in the giveaway, so it’s real impawtant you say you want to enter in your comment. I’ll take comments for one week and announce the winner on June 5th. One entry per household. Sorry to my international furriends, but recipients must live in the U.S.A.
Today is my first blogiversary. I can’t believe a year has gone by so quickly. And what a year it’s been! Better get comfy because this blog’s gonna be a little on the long side. MOL!
Here’s a partial list:
|My sweetie Curzon
- Joined Twitter, Fursbook, and Facebook and started blogging.
- Gained over 1,000 Twitter followers, 246 Facebook friends, and almost 100 regular blog readers.
- Wrote 97 blogs here and a couple over at Anipals Read.
- Tweeted over 13,5000 tweets. (I’m a real chatterbox, aren’t I?)
- Met tweeters from all over the world and made tons of amazing friends.
- Sadly, had a bunch of friends go OTRB.
- Wrote (well, edited) a book. More about that later.
- Adopted a shelter to help support (still working on how to do that effectively).
- Went to Blogpaws West 2010.
- Stayed in a hotel!
- Went lots of cool places in my stroller.
- Met some of my twitter friends live and in person.
- Went out to dinner at a restaurant. How many kitties can say they’ve been to a restaurant?
- Been interviewed for Cats Who Twitter and Anipal Times.
- Adopted two fursibs, Candy & EK.
- Joined #pinkangels and got a cool Hello Kitty motorcycle.
- Became a barktender for #nipclub & #pawpawties.
- Got an even cooler vehicle – a Lamborghini Gallardo.
- Had a hareem for a while, but now I got a sweetie – Curzon from @UsCoons.
- Was bridesmaid in a wedding and am going to be in another one.
- Attended lots of pawties.
- Won mountains of super cool prizes.
- Got Toki Poki cards and traded them with my friends.
- Got to wear lots of cool costumes.
- Was nominated for an Anipal Academy Award (but didn’t win).
|Candy & EK
- Entered the 2011 Teddy Olympics.
And that’s just what I can think of right now. I know there’s stuff I’m forgetting.
Most of my blogs have been about fun stuff and exciting adventures, but there have been a few serious ones, too. And I’m gonna get serious now for a little bit. As you all know, I keep trying to raise funds to help out Duncan’s Place (http://duncansplace.org/), which is where Candy and EK came from . I’ve put up a chip-in to raise some money for them. They do so much for the cats in their care and for the community and I really want to do whatever I can to help them. If you can see your way clear to donate, even just $1, please do so.
Another way you can donate is by getting a copy of ‘Summer at the Lake with Petie’. My good pal @BlindMaximus was kind enough to write a blog about it and to put a link to my chip-in on his site. How amazing is that? @Rumblepurr is also helping. He has a link to my book on his blog. If I’ve missed anyone who still has a link up, please let me know. I want to make sure everyone who’s helping me gets mentioned.
I’m gonna really push the book here for a minute, because of the way the website where I sell the books works. There has to be $25 in my account before they’ll cut a check. What goes in the account is the difference between the cost of the book and how much extra I added on to have to donate to Duncan’s Place. I’m short by about 4 books worth in order to get paid. It was 6 books worth, but @BlindMaximus bought a copy in addition to blogging about it, and @iamDaisyDoo bought a copy to donate for a prize for the next #pawpawty. Anipals really are the best pals. So I’m really hoping that at least 4 of you will order books so I can get one last check to donate.
And now the moment you’ve all been waiting for – the Giveaway! A while back I won a wonderful prize package from the folks at Nutro. It was very similar to this one:
It took a while until we actually got to eat the Nutro Natural Choice food that was in the prize because of Candy’s tummy problems, but we finally got to try it a couple weeks ago. We loved it!
Even more important, it doesn’t upset Candy’s tummy. We think the food is soooo good and you know how we love Greenies, so I wanted someone else to have a chance at the same wonderful prize package. I asked @EdnaAtNutro and the wonderful folks at Nutro if it would be possible to arrange one for my blogiversary. The answer was yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So it is my pleasure to offer you a chance at this package full of fun and yum. Here’s the particulars:
- Anyone is welcome to enter for the drawing, but the prize is a cat prize.
- Apologies to my pals outside the U.S.A., but the winner has to be in the U.S.A.
Here’s how you enter.
- Go to the Nutro (www.Nutro.com) site and pick which formula of Nutro Natural Choice you’d like.
- Go to the Greenies (www.greenies.com) site and pick which flavor of Feline Greenies Dental Treats you’d like
- Leave a comment saying you want to be in the drawing and telling me which flavors you’d like.
The last step is the most important. I know lots of pals who are not entering will also leave comments, so make sure to tell me you’re entering the drawing.
Comments left by April 30th will qualify for the drawing. After the 30th, I’ll throw all the names in a magic internet hat and pull out the winner. The winner be announced May 8th. Good luck!
Peek-a-boo! Here I am in my little red tent. I just love love love my little red tent. So do EK and Candy. We love them so much, we have two of them! We play in them, we sleep in them, & we hide in them and jump out to pounce on each other. We have fun every way a kitty can have fun in our tents.
You’re probably wondering, “What does this have to do with pet carriers?” Well, I’ll tell you. Our magnificent little red tents are actually pet carriers. They have two zippers, so you can arrange them to open front, back or top. There are handles at the top for carrying. We love our tents so much we don’t even mind getting in them to go to the v-e-t. That’s right. Off to the v-e-t no muss, no fuss, no crying, no hiding. We just get in our tents and go.
We’ve read about a lot of furriends that have had to visit the v-e-t lately. They dread getting in the PTU (prisoner transport unit). They hide and run away and make it very difficult for their humans to get them in the PTU. Now, none of us, anipal or human, likes going to the v-e-t. But sometimes you just have to go. So why not make the PTU fun?
Our tents are out all the time. We don’t have any warning about being off to the v-e-t since nothing new happens until we get there. Mom scoops us up, puts us in our tents, and off we go. Our first hint that this isn’t a new game is when she seatbelts the carrier into the car. And since I’ve had stroller outings involving the car, for all I know we’re going on an outing!
I think everyone should have a fun carrier. I think it would make going to the v-e-t or anywhere else you have to go much less stressful. Don’t forget to get nice fleecy beds to put in them. That makes them extra cozy and comfy!
My tent came from Target. I’ve never seen this type of carrier anywhere else. If any of you know of other fun carriers, post the link in the comments. There’s three of us and soon the two little ones will be too big to share and we’ll need a third carrier. It would be fun to have a new shape.